[Magdalen] Duncan to retire

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 18:14:29 UTC 2015

In a message dated 11/12/2015 11:06:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Have  they had divisiveness/division in the manner of SC?
Lynn  >>>>>>>

No they have not, so I'm at a loss to know the reason for the
name change.

However, there were, for awhile, two dioceses in Minnesota.   There
was the southern diocese, I think bearing the simple Minnesota name,
and then a North Minnesota (or some such) diocese with a cathedral
in Duluth.  The two were joined together eventually under the  flag
of the Episcopal Diocese of Minnesota.  The geographic size is
quite daunting.  I know there are larger dioceses out West, but  even so,
it's a lot of territory to cover.

David Strang.