[Magdalen] Dress Blues.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Nov 14 05:13:24 UTC 2015

In a message dated 11/13/2015 11:54:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com writes:

We  started calling the new uniform "chocolate chip" because of the
apparent
similarity.>>>>>>

On the subject of colors for military uniforms, there was a shade of
khaki tinged with pink used in summer uniforms for the Army until
about the time of the Viet Nam War.  This color only existed in  the
everyday summer short-sleeved shirt and trousers version.  I
can't find out much about the history of this somewhat odd color
which was referred to as "pinks."

I had something like four summer short-sleeved uniforms.  Two of
them had this khaki-pink tint.  I gather that the color has been
completely abandoned.

David Strang.