[Magdalen] Right now: Paris.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 17 00:34:30 UTC 2015

On 16/11/2015 23:52, thedonboyd at austin.rr.com wrote:
> Roger, once again you are more generous, more irenic, and more given to understatement

I am British and we are well-known for understatement :-)  I am also
aware if how my own country has mishandled situatinns in the past and
left a mess behind.  In the present situation I share Mike's concern
about President Hollande's belligerent response which is understandable
politically but is unlikely to be effective if attempted.

There's an interesting analysis on the BBC website
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34830626 that argues that IS
will ultimately fail, partly because they lack the intelligence and
education to govern effectively and partly because tyrannies ultimately
fall.  The bad news is that they could continue to be in the asecendant
for some time so whether I will personally see their ultimate demise is
uncertain.

Roger