[Magdalen] Tightrope?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Nov 18 21:12:11 UTC 2015

In a message dated 11/18/2015 1:02:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Uof M  has some serious, far-reaching standing
around the US, and so there might  have been imagined diminished loss

I certainly agree that essentially every listing of preferred
colleges/universities
lists UM-Ann Arbor.

That said, I am amused by the almost reverential tone employed  officially
(and even unofficially in such as wikipedia) used to describe the
University of Michigan.  One gets the impression from some of these  that
UM-Ann Arbor is Harvard/Oxford/Cambridge combined.  They could  take
themselves a little less seriously.

I've wondered, not knowing the Michigan legislative situation,  whether
the University of Michigan has fared well in what certainly must be a  down-
turn in the State of Michigan budget what with the collapse of the  USA
car industry.  Knowing the situation in Wisconsin where Walker has  been
terrible for the UW System and UW-Madison in particular, I'm hoping
the State of Michigan is kinder to UM-Ann Arbor as well as the other
major sites such as Michigan State University.

David Strang.