[Magdalen] Prayers for another failing Parish

Clarissa Canning canplum at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:11:05 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,  Thought I give you notice that My spouse Michael has been
relieved of the Parish of Cold Lake and they delivered the news last week
like the Oil field People brutal Albertas style. They never gave the Parish
warning.  I Knew the this would happen from the time I entered the parish,
but we came as two years was a long wait with no funds. The Anglican church
is suppose to be diverse but it isnt if you dont have the like thinking of
the Dio.  At least I have experience in the area.  It is my 4 time.  We
finish as of Feb.  We never got a last Sunday as the people were not
notified. My spouse was suppose to an expert and miracle worker to grow
churches and always get the places that are in cahots with the Dio.  Why
don't they train seminarians to deal with these churches?
  It is harder for us because as a spouse I an unemployed.  There are 3
places available in Canada right now.  We are hoping for Manitoba so please
pray for intent that God & the people and new Bishop will provides us with
a new home.  He already had contact with them.  Also with Luthern in there
Northern Area.

They could have waited til spring or summer, The Bishop happens to be on
sabatical so she could avoid this and send her representative.  Now I lived
thru 3 different styles of being axed. This one is as bad as the first.
However the people here have been wonderful and they are hurting just as
much.  They hired our student Clergy fopr 1/4 time with little pastoral
experience and doing services.  So they will have Scientific new Christian
leader.  I feel bad for her too in some ways. She is now baptised by fire.

The hard part is the grieving styles
differeces of Men and women, husband and wife. I suppose to shut my mouth.
I have become my mother and she was not well liked by my family.  I am
determined not to get depressed.  Meanwhile I have to put with the rule
that the man get his own way. get the grieve like he wants but I have to
shut up.  I am a homemaker so he is invading my space in the house!  I got
to get the duck tape out.  please send prayer of civility.

Hard times in Alberta for many other at least we are not alone.  Clara the
emotive one.
.