[Magdalen] this morning at the Eucharist

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:47:29 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Sibyl Smirl <polycarpa3 at ckt.net> wrote:
> What they did pay attention to was not wearing pink and green together,
> especially on Thursday.

In my high school in the late 1970s, some group would proclaim "Wear
Jeans to School if You're Gay Day," not because they were gay (doubt
it) but to humiliate those who wore jeans that day. To fight back, a
lot of students wore jeans and a button that said, "I Wear What I
Want."

But a lot of us, gay or straight, were into preppy stuff at that time
and wouldn't wear jeans anyway. Khakis and two polo shirts (Izod,
please) with both collars standing up, and Docksiders/Topsiders/boat
shoes...whatever they were called. And sometimes an Oxford shirt and
repp tie.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA