[Magdalen] To Bangladesh

Claudine Chionh anglican at claudinec.net
Mon Nov 23 05:56:47 UTC 2015

I'm off to Bangladesh tomorrow. The World Student Christian Federation's
Asian Region is holding a women's workshop on theology and gender-based
violence. I'm going as some kind of expert on LGBTI perspectives. The
Church of Bangladesh (ob-Ang) is hosting us at their retreat centre
outside of Dhaka.

I feel privileged to be part of this conversation though I know that
it's a rather different context from Australia. I'm also anxious because
of the little inroads that IS have been making into Bangladesh in the
last few months. Both the US and Australian governments have been
issuing travel advisories. So prayers for safety would be appreciated.

Claudine