[Magdalen] Feast of the Conception of the Virgin Mary.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Nov 22 17:31:02 UTC 2015

The advertising photocard to kick off a fund drive for the 120th
anniversary
of the opening of the Church of Saint Mary the Virgin off Times  Square
in New York City has arrived.

The main photo is of the entrance off 46th Street taken on Palm Sunday,
with
the start of the Procession at the door.  I had forgotten what a
classically
French gothic construction this main entrance is, complete with a
Medieval Virgin and Child on the trumeau.

In any case, the kick off for the campaign will be at the patronal feast  of
the parish, the (Immaculate) Conception of the BVM on 8th December.

Retired ++Griswold will pontificate, and the full choir under new  director
Simon Walley will sing.

Wish I could be there, and more than that, I wish I had access weekly
to such a parish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_St._Mary_the_Virgin_(Manhattan)

David Strang.