[Magdalen] "Failing" parishes--Canada vs. USA

Raewynne Whiteley raewynne1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 02:04:05 UTC 2015

Re yoking parishes, my observation is that it is doomed to failure, because
it tends to prioritize building over ministry - they keep the buildings and
the administrative structures, but expect a single priest to serve 2 or
more parishes, and in most cases parishioners expect to get everything they
had before for half the money.  Which is a recipe for burnout for the
priest, and doesn't encourage the parish to be realistic about their life
and ministry.