[Magdalen] "Failing" parishes--Canada vs. USA

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Nov 24 21:29:48 UTC 2015

From: Raewynne Whiteley

>Re yoking parishes, my observation is that it is doomed to failure, because
>it tends to prioritize building over ministry - they keep the buildings and
>the administrative structures, but expect a single priest to serve 2 or

I dunno about that. How many years has our friend (and former listsib) Abby
Murphy been at the yoked parishes of St Elisabeth's Floral park and St Thomas
Bellerose?  I think that's worked our ok, has it not?

Suzanne was among three priests assigned to five yoked parishes for awhile. One
priest was assigned to all administrative duties -- including all five vestry
meetings. But at least two of the parishes grew a bit and went off on their own.
Perren Hayes took one of the parishes that left the yoke but that didn’t work
out well -- an unhappy fit.

Cheers,
Jim