[Magdalen] Cathedral of the Confederacy no more!!

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 15:57:52 UTC 2015

St. Paul's in downtown Richmond has just decided to remove all of its Confederate symbols--including large memorials to R.E.Lee and Jefferson Davis--and place them in more appropriate locations, i.e, the Museum of the Confederacy.
We don't have a cathedral in the diocese, but St. Paul's comes closest, and it was at one time tagged as the Cathedral of the Confederacy. This decision comes after months of prayer, discernment and conversation. I really didn't think it would happen.
Link at richmond.com for mobile--probably also at timesdispatch.com
There's an article and an excellent editorial.