[Magdalen] Harvest

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Wed Nov 25 16:07:30 UTC 2015

I would tend to agree with David. The term around here is typically used in
connection with population control, as in "The deer (or bear, or moose)
harvest this year ..." Almost always used in the plural, not singular, and
typically by gov't. agencies, not so much individuals.

Up here in rural Vermont, deer hunting is very big, and we're coming to the
end of the two week / three weekend deer season, when nobody with any sense
goes hiking in the woods. Deer are beautiful but destructive animals which
would overrun the place if not for the annual deer season (or harvest!).

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com