[Magdalen] "Failing" parishes--Canada vs. USA

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 17:18:05 UTC 2015

In Amesbury, Mass. the French church consolidated with the Irish church
(two huge complexes right across the street from each other).

The closed church complex was sold to ACNA and is now All Saints (IIRC),
the ACNA cathedral.

We had a sad bit of history in Boston during the period of busing (to
integrate the schools) when the parochial schools were sought after as
bastions of white culture. The Archdiocese announced almost immediately
that they would not play that game, and so the parochial schools were
integrated before the public schools.
-M