[Magdalen] And so it begins...

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Thu Nov 26 21:08:33 UTC 2015

My pumpkin souffle (more eggs, but pumpkin pie without the crust) came out
gorgeous, but I won't have it till later.  The duck will be done in a
half-hour.  The cranberry relish is chillin'.  It's an abstinent day,
though my meal times are weird, because of my 12-step service that runs
6-8.  The house smells yummy.  I'm watching the re-broadcast of the Macy's
parade (missed it this morning because of yoga), having caught the last 45
minutes or so of the dog show.  I was planning to help serve a community
(AA) meal, but hadn't signed up, so they weren't expecting me, and the time
got away from me.  Tomorrow is supposed to be as beautiful as today (sunny
and 65 degrees), so I'll clean up the yards for winter after yoga and
breakfast with the girlfriends (we do that every week).  Saturday I shop
here in my Elmwood Village neighborhood for "small business Saturday."  I
intentionally don't do Black Friday, but do want to make a statement on
Saturday that I support the great small businesses in my neighborhood (even
though I shop there regularly).  I'm also glad you're not in the hospital
this year, David!

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY