[Magdalen] Another mass shooting.

Eleanor Braun eleanor.braun at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 23:05:06 UTC 2015

I was glad to see how angry the President was in his briefing.  It's time
for some real anger.

He invited the media to compare how many people have been killed by
terrorists in this country versus those murdered by gun.

Since the attacks on the World Trade Center (about 3000 deaths), there have
been less than 50 deaths in the US due to Muslim terrorists.  In that same
period, at the rate of about 14-15,000 gun murders per year, we've had
somewhere around 200,000 gun murders since 9/11/01.  That does not include
suicides and accidental deaths, which we read about far too often.

Mass shootings like these draw the most attention, but the daily body count
in ones and twos is what adds up.

We must demand action, challenging as that is with this do-nothing
Congress.

Eleanor