[Magdalen] this morning's trip to Whole Foods

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 17:49:59 UTC 2015

I am reminded of a grocery store in the town where I lived in Tennessee.
Every Monday they had a mandatory class for their cashiers, most of whom
were quite young. It involved teaching them produce identification. They
had to be able to identify the most common varieties of produce available
that week before they could be excused. Some of them were really quick and
one suspected they either had gardens at home or moms who cooked a pretty
good variety. Others......oy vey!