[Magdalen] this morning's trip to Whole Foods

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:11:29 UTC 2015

Funny experience a few years ago at a Martin's in Front Royal, VA. I used to stop occasionally on my way back from DC to the boonies, because they had more variety of produce.
They had a couple of heads of fennel with no price.
When I went through the line the cashier looked at me and asked what it was. I said it was fennel, but she couldn't find it on the list. She asked me if I was sure it wasn't celery. I assured her it wasn't, so she called the manager over. He didn't know what it was either! I told him, but he couldn't find it on the list.
They couldn't figure out how much to charge, so they gave it to me!