[Magdalen] Remember Their Names

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:22:58 UTC 2015

I came across this phrase about burying one's child when my own father died
at age 52 and his parents, my grandparents (aged 72&77) came to 'bury him'.

Throughout the years I have been shaped by reflections of many ways I handle
things because my father died so young, when I too was young (I was 22)...
His untimely death also formed my mother's life and that of my sister who
was only 12 at the time.  I used to be pragmatic about my dad's death, but
then realized over time that I became very pragmatic about many things
because of my dad's death. And when one tends to be a 'black and white'
thinker, pragmatism sitting on one's shoulder is not necessarily a good
thing.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck