[Magdalen] PRS 19 Pentecost 2015

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 19:56:54 UTC 2015

Week of the 19th Sunday after Pentecost 2015
Almighty and everlasting God, you are always more ready to hear than we to
pray, and to give more than we either desire or deserve: Pour upon us the
abundance of your mercy, forgiving us those things of which our conscience
is afraid, and giving us those good things for which we are not worthy to
ask, except through the merits and mediation of Jesus Christ our Savior; who
lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.
Amen.

+We give thanks for blessings...
we give thanks that our brother Jim G may have his vision prescription
improved greatly compared to what he has had to live with in recent years
(10/5)
we rejoice with our brud Jon+ and his wife Dawn as they enlarge their family
and their circle of love with the addition of a daughter Becca (age 25)
(10/1)
we rejoice with our Brother Anthony Clavier+ as he celebrated 50 years of
ordained ministry (9/29)
we give thanks for the steady recovery process for Sarah Lowe, daughter of
our sister Renee (9/28)
we rejoice with our sister Ginga and the people of Good Shepherd,
Summerville as their new church was consecrated by the bishop (9/27)
we rejoice with our brother Christopher that his surgery was successful and
his recovery gentle (9/25)
we give thanks that the Fleener dude+ and babe have a contract on their
'dome' (9/20)
we rejoice with our sister Jay that her grandson Jonathan has been selected
by Duke University in their 7th grade academic talent search (9/1)
we rejoice with our brother Dan that his youngest son Will has received a
job offer in Kansas City and found an apartment (8/30)
we give thanks for the birth of Wilson Ronkainen, grandson of our sister
Lynn, who is now home after a stay in NICU (8/14)

+For the Church, we pray...
for  ++Justin and all the Primates of our Anglican Communion that all will
set their hope in Christ and work together to remain one;
for TEC's Presiding Bishop, Katharine,  for our Presiding Bishop-Elect,
Michael and for all bishops of TEC, that they may serve Christ, their flock
and the church (please provide names for the PRSummary, if desired)
for the Diocese of Pennsylvania, as they begin their search for a new bishop
for  The for The Right Reverend Libby Lane, Bishop of Stockport, UK and
first woman to become a Bishop in the CofE
for 'The Episcopal Church in South Carolina' as they move forward into their
ministry and challenges with joy
for the  Diocese of Maryland, Thomas Palermo, Heather Cook and their
families, and especially for +Chilton Knudsen, newly named Assisting Bishop
of the Diocese
for General Seminary, NYC and its students, faculty and trustees
for Ascension Church, Chicago and for their now resigned rector Fr. David
Cobb, and for all of their parishioners as they move forward (Scott Knitter)
for "Marion's Church" as they began life with their new full time Priest
with a 2 year 'call'
for All Saints", Morristown, Tennessee (Jay Weigel)

+For all churches in the search process for new rectors: St. Peter's,
Eggertsville, NY; All Saints', Morristown, TN, St. Raphael's, Crossville, TN
+For all clergy seeking new calls:
+For all those preparing for ordained ministry:
+ For all Religious in their life of prayer:
+ For students in our midst:

+For the World. We pray ...
for the 33 crew members of El Faro, a U.S.-based cargo ship with crew of 33,
that sank in  recent Atlantic storm - missing and at this time presumed dead
(10/5)
for the bombing of the Doctors Without Borders hospital in the Afghan city
of Kunduz, and the 16 who died (10/3)
for the college shooting in Oregon where 9 were killed and many injured
(10/2)
for the hundreds killed in Mecca when a large crane collapsed on them during
their annual pilgrimage (9/14)
for all refugees seeking shelter, food and a place to rest their heads all
over the world
for the people of California, Washington, Idaho, and western Montana as they
face raging wildfires once again (8/21)
for the people of Tianjin, China, where a massive explosion and fire have
killed and injured hundreds (8/16)
for those affected by drought and wildfires in California and throughout the
western United States
for ISIS that their hearts may be turned from anger and vengeance.
we pray for all elected officials in that they may work together for the
good of all of the people of their countries and in the world in all of
their decision-making
for an end to the death penalty in the United States and in all countries
where capital punishment is still permitted.
for peace in the world and safety for our armed forces
for those killed and injured in all foreign lands
for those who have lost their lives by violence, whether by their own action
or the action of others.

+For our List Sisters and Brothers. We pray...
for our brother Mike as he works his way through painful personal issues
(9/30)
for our sister Susan Hagen as she faces extensive oral surgery (9/14)
for our brother Arthur, who has just learned that he has only one kidney
(8/30)
for our sister Jay, recovering from shingles and now dealing with
post-herpetic neuralgia (8/29)
for our brother Tony+, recovering from hernia surgery (8/28)
for our brother Christopher, scheduled for surgery to remove a cancerous
prostate on Sept. 18 (8/27)
for our sister Marion, who has done "something" to her knee while moving
(8/20)
for our brother Dan, recovering from Mohs surgery for a skin cancer and
having a good deal of pain 8/19)
For our sister Grace+, recovering from shoulder surgery (8/15)
for our sister Jo as she navigates the sometimes narrow passage life can
become for a church employee (10/8)
for our brother Bob+ as he mourns the death of his cat Warren (8/8)
for our brother Richard battling stress and depression (7/31)
for our sister Marilyn who was in wreck that totaled her car and resulted in
a broken bone in one  hand and a sprained ankle. Both  on the same side.
(7/30)
for our brother Mike Logsdon as he deals with ongoing challenges in his life
(7/30)
for our Sister Grace+ as she strives for a relationship with her son (7/29)
for our brother Christopher, diagnosed with prostate cancer(7/28)
for all who are preparing, listing and selling houses (with a special nudge
to St. Joseph), and especially for: Molly Wolf, Bill+ and Judy Fleener,  Jay
Weigel, Chad Wohlers

+Friends and Family. We pray...
for Debbie, friend of our sister Lynn, who has tumors in her stomach and is
still dealing with breast cancer (10/5)
for comfort to Tony and Latasha Dyer, parents of the young girl who was shot
and killed in White Pine, TN (Jay 10/5)
 for the 11 year old boy who shot and killed an 8 year old neighbor girl in
White Pine, TN (Jay 10/5)
 for Sarah Lowe, AKA "Sarah the wonder child" daughter of our sister Renee
who sustained significant burns and went through surgery and is still in
recovery mode 9/15)
for our sister Renee as she stands with and ministers to Sarah
for Virginia, age 6, diagnosed with a brain tumor last week; the tumor has
been removed and the family awaits pathology results (Renee, 9/2)
for our sister Jay's son Adam, who has been the victim of identity theft and
whose life is in a mess right now (8/23)
for former president Jimmy Carter, diagnosed with cancer which has spread to
his brain and other parts of his body (8/20)
for Carla, whose beloved grandson Antonio was brutally murdered while
walking his dog; may the killer be found and brought to justice (8/19)
for Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, back in hospital with a "persistent
infection" (8/19)
for our sister Jay's daughter Betsy, recovering from surgery (8/14)

+With continuing prayers, we pray...
for our brother Jim Handsfield as he cares for his wife Marcy
for Chattanooga police officer Douglas Pedigo, wounded in the shootings on
7/1/6 and facing a long recovery period
 for Rosemary Doucett and her husband after Rosemary had a serious accident
involving an ATV  and is in hospital with 10 broken ribs, a fractured
pelvis, and more. Please lift up Rosemary in prayer and also Don her husband
and their two school-leaving age granddaughters, who have lived with them
since before their mother died a few years ago after a long battle with
cancer. (Marion 7/4)
for Gabrielle , friend of our sister Ann+, who has been living with
seriously advanced cancer for well over a year now, and still fighting the
good fight. (7/23)
for Margaret, former parishioner and friend of Susan H+, who is battling
heart disease, and for her family (7/22)
for Larry, who has severe degenerative disc disease in his C-spine and is in
constant pain, and was just diagnosed with bladder cancer, and for his wife
Polly (Jay, 7/22)
for Kristin's mother, who has had a stroke and a brain bleed (Lynn, 7/21)
for John, who had quadruple bypass surgery on 7/15 and is recovering more
slowly than normal, and for his wife Brooke who is caring for him (Jay,
7/19)
for David, who fell and hit his head, had a brain bleed, and has been in the
hospital since last September having various kinds of therapy (Lynn
Ronkainen, 5/4)
for Carey Caldwell, little brother of our sister Georgia+, recovering from
open heart surgery  (4/28)
for Lawrence,  brother of our sister Jay, recovering from bilateral knee
replacements on May 11 and dealing with insurance 'paperwork' and who needs
to find a job when he has finished rehab (4/26)
for Annie, daughter of our brudder Jon, who is back in town and visiting her
dad weekly, that a space for  holy conversation may be found between father
and daughter (Jon, 4/21)
for Noel,  the father in law of Sally Davies,  in hospital in Wales, who had
to have a pacemaker put in, and now that's done -without going home - he's
having a much needed hip replacement. At 88 it's a lot to deal with(4/21)
for David, brother of our brother Scott K, recovering from intestinal
surgery and facing more in the near future
for Bill Fleener+  (aka "The Fleener dude"), husband of our sister Judy,
continuing radiation therapy for his prostate cancer
for Jean, daughter-in-law of our sister Georgia+, who has been diagnosed
with breast cancer, and for her family
for Karen, friend of our sister Susan Hagen, who has been diagnosed with
breast cancer and who also has severe ulcerative colitis and difficult to
control diabetes  (Susan Hagen)
for Allen, as he continues his recovery from a terrible fall at work and is
now continuing therapy at home (Jay Weigel)
for Richard+, Rural Dean in the UK and friend of our brother Roger who has
recovered from bowel cancer, for his continued health (Roger Stokes)
for Tim and Nan, two friends of my wife from her AA group, who are battling
cancer. (C  Hart )
for JWB, severely disabled friend of our brother Bob + Rea who is in need of
a support system after the death of family members
for  Robert and Eileen Smith aunt/uncle to our brother Scott, who are
experiencing health problems
for our brudder Deacon Jon, who has entered hospice care and still
ministering to many ("And remember, I am nowhere near death" 12/4) and his
wife Dawn.
for 17 year old Ryan, a good friend of my nephew Chris who is a young man
with a serious drinking problem (Sally Davies)
for Debi Rothenberg friend of our sister Lynn, who has been diagnosed with
breast cancer
for Marcy Handsfield, wife of our brother Jim who is courageously living
with ALS and has entered hospice care
for brudder Jon, who is courageously living with SARC and COPD
for brother Jim Guthrie, being treated for cancer
for Joy Munday, friend of our sister Lynn, being treated for 3rd
reoccurrence of breast cancer (after two long remissions)
for Scott the Younger, partner of our brother Scott
for Verni Tully, mother of our sister Lynn, who is living with the
challenging results of a stroke in 2011

+ For our animal friends. We pray...
in thankfulness for the life of Warren, beloved cat of our brother Bob+ now
waiting at the rainbow bridge

+ A prayer : O God, the passage from life to death to life is so hard on
those we love.  Comfort all who have lost those they love and those who are
losing the ones they love with the grace of understanding and acceptance,
which is so difficult for us. (JH, with permission)

+For the Departed. We pray...
McKayla Dyer the young girl killed by a neighbor boy in White Pine, TN
(10/5)
for the 16 who died as a result of  the bombing of the Doctors Without
Borders hospital in the Afghan city of Kunduz (10/3)
for the departed victims the shooting at Umpqua Community College, Roseburg,
Oregon:
Lawrence Levine, 67 , Lucas Eibel, 18, Quinn Glen Cooper, 18, Lucero
Alcaraz, 19, Kim Saltmarsh Dietz, 59, Jason Dale Johnson, 33, Sarena Dawn
Moore, 44, Treven Taylor Anspach, 20, Rebecka Ann Carnes, 18 (10/2)
Kate Rippetoe, "best neighbor in the world" to our sister Jay (9/19)
Phyllis Tickle, Anglican author and theologian
for Alison Parker and Adam Ward, shot by a former co-worker sat TV station
WDBJ, Roanoke, VA (8/26)
for Dr. James "Red" Duke, trauma surgeon, who treated President Kennedy and
also pioneered civilian medical  helicopters (8/26)
for Jonathan Fluker, friend of our sister Jay's goddaughter Alana, who died
of cancer at the age of 17 (8/26)
for our beloved sister, Barbara Colt (8/21)
for Antonio, brutally murdered while walking his dog (Jay, 8/19)
for Julian Bond, civil rights activist (8/17)

+ Concluding Collect +
O God, be with us as we come together on this list; grant us wisdom as we
write; compassion as we read; and above all, discernment in our actions, so
that what we may write, or think, or do may come from your Holy Spirit,
reflect in all ways your will and in all things be to your glory, through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (Composed by Sharon Brown, 9 Feb. 2000)

Most prayer requests are posted for up to 2 months before being removed or
relocated, please advise if you would like them to remain longer or of any
corrections or omissions.
Jay & Lynn