[Magdalen] How's the weather in South Carolina

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:03:23 UTC 2015

Prayers continue here. Just heard an NPR on the ground report about the dams, particularly the one in Columbia ( IIRC).
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 7, 2015, at 11:35 AM, Ginga Wilder <gingawilder at gmail.com> wrote:

A quick update.  The dangerous water situation is not over.  With regard to
flooding in the midlands area of SC, the water has cleared. And, the rivers
that will drain this into the ocean are above flood stage.  Thus, the towns
along the Edisto, Santee, Great Pee Dee Rivers are expected to flood local
towns and coastal areas as they carry the flood waters through SC to the
coast.

Further SC's #1 industry is not tourism; it is agriculture.  Some
harvestable crops are destroyed.  Also, the seafood/shellfish industry has
taken a huge hit and will take weeks to restore.

Please continue to remember the people of SC in your prayers.

Thanks,
Ginga