[Magdalen] How's the weather in South Carolina

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 12:46:52 UTC 2015

I drive from Wilson, NC to Santee every year. Rte. 95 leading up to Lake
Marion
runs along saturated land for miles, standing water full of water birds.
Even
the bridge over the lake (alongside an older bridge upstream) is low to the
water. I can't imagine what it looks like now, probably closed. And the
banks
of the lake are gentle and, I suppose, very vulnerable.

I'm afraid I always adopt an adolescent grin when I cross the Pee Dee
River. Hey, I didn't give it that name.
-M