[Magdalen] It Trittico Opera Stuff.

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 16:11:04 UTC 2015

Ahhh - opera!

For me, it's not so much fun to listen to opera recordings until I
have a basic knowledge of the opera. I sang in the chorus in Mozart's
"Magic Flute" in college, and that started a love of the complete
form: staging, lighting, acting, orchestra, singers, supernumeraries,
even the backstage effort. For me, recordings just don't capture the
full human effort & the full, messy humanity of the participants.

Getting to watch the Castleton Festival operas has been a MAJOR treat!
Opera within 10 miles of home! What an astonishing thing! I wasn't
able to usher this summer, but have made it a priority for the
previous 4-5 summers.

I've been able to listen to arias in recordings (a few only), and
adore recordings of opera overtures, yet still have only watched a
very few opera movies (Magic Flute!). They're just not as much fun.

No accounting for personal preferences?

hugs anyway - Cady
apache web server wrangler now learning about oracle web logic
middleware configuration & wrangling - oh delight (for a value of
delight that isn't delightful)