[Magdalen] VTS Chapel,

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Oct 10 18:37:25 UTC 2015

From: Scott Knitter

>Some Anglicans actually have believed in transubstantiation, so saying
>it's something that Anglicans have NEVER believed in isn't true. Do I?

Some (especially the real snake-belly low church folk who pay attention to such
things <g>) would say the rest of the church slid down this slippery slope long
ago when they started using the Agnus Dei -- as it's addressed not to God but at
the elements on the Altar.

I realize it's just another musical interlude in some places, but it was
something of an issue in the debate about the 1928 BCP. And the compromise, IIRC
was "Here a hymn may be sung."

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie