[Magdalen] beisbol Q?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Oct 10 18:57:46 UTC 2015

>>Oh  no! They moved to Ottawa and started playing hockey instead.     ;-)
>>At which they are considerably better.

>Slightly wrong, Jim. The original Washington Senators became the Minnesota
>Twins, but it was an expansion Washington Senators that became the Texas
>Rangers.

When I was a student at GWU, we could frequently get free tickets and a free
charter bus ride to DC Stadium (later renamed RFK Stadium) for Senators games.

There was one came where the four buses of GW students and four buses of
American U Students and four buses of Georgetown Students (60 or so per bus)
made up more than half the attendance.

What was worse was than since few, if any on those buses were from Washington,
everyone would be shouting and whooping it up for the visiting team <g>.

No wonder they wanted to get away.

Cheers,
Jim