[Magdalen] On a humorous note

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Oct 10 19:23:12 UTC 2015

From: Scott Knitter

>Changing tunes seems to be done a lot more in the C of E, and it's
>easier because congregants are used to music and words being separate

I don’t think CofE has a standard hymnal like Morgan's where tunes/texts are
coupled (despite a fine metrical index) as in TEC.

Roger?

We has someone at Christ Church Bay Ridge who was adamant that all hymns be sung
to their "original tunes (and vice versa, he would really fuss at Ton-y-botel
without the "original text."

So one All Saints, we sang "For All the Saint" to the tune Engelberg. "That's
not what I meant!" the guy fumed afterwards.

Cheers,
Jim