[Magdalen] VTS Chapel,

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Oct 12 10:45:16 UTC 2015

In a message dated 10/11/2015 6:45:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com writes:

One  church where I now supplu regularly has these bells, apart from the
"warning bell".  They actually have three rings for the elevations,
during which I pause the prayer.  The last one is the one that can  catch
me out in some churches where I take the bread and then communicate  it
to others in the altar party before taking the  wine.>>>>>>>>>>>>

The the Royal School of Church Music each July held at the local
Procathedral usually has a big Sunday morning classical setting
of the Eucharist.  The Ordinary is in Latin, of course, but they
otherwise use the contemporary Liturgy II from TEC '79 Prayer
Book.  They have toyed with including a silent Canon, or even
a silent Canon with elevation motets.  This would be historically in  accord
with the Mass setting, but it's never happened because they are
hesitant to revert to the silent Canon in an Anglican setting.

C'est dommage!  There are lots of nice elevation motets, and it's not  as
though the English text for the Canon = Eucharistic Prayer isn't well
known to everyone.

David Strang.