[Magdalen] VTS Chapel,

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Oct 11 01:56:20 UTC 2015

I'm not so much thinking of the actual use or even traditional use. I;m thinking
more of the goals when we were studying trial liturgies.

I agree that "Lord have mercy" is somewhat misleading, as would be "Lord have
mercy and incline our hearts to keep this law."

One of the problems was that when used as a choir extravaganza in the 1950s,
they were done more like a Sousa March (as was Anglican Chant on the Psalms, for
that matter) and the goal was to get away from that.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie