[Magdalen] we're off

Judy Fleener fleenerj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 21:16:30 UTC 2015

We will spend the next few days on Mackinac Island.  The AMEN conference,
All Michigan Episcopal Network brings together clergy, spouses, partners,
and guests to Mackinac Island where we stay the the famous Grand Hotel.
The people who own the Grand Hotel are Episcopalians and make the hotel
available to us at a reduced rate.  It helps the keep their employees a
little longer.  Next week-end they will host a Somewhere in Time week-end.
 fans come in Victorian costumes for that one.

Bill and I don't always go.  And when we do it is with some reservations.
There is so much opulence, all black wait staff from Jamaica, and the
expense even at the discounted rate.  But it is fun to be there and so we
leave in the morning for the north country.  I hope our beautiful weather
holds.

--
Judy Fleener, ObJN
Western Michigan