[Magdalen] Indigenous People Day.

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 21:54:03 UTC 2015

for me, no matter what anyone thinks about the 'ravages' of Columbus,
isolating his holiday and attributing it as a slap in the face to what he
*did* in the name of  'white Europeans' in/to the new world, seems a bit of
a stretch. When we can't even deal with what white Americans have done with
the indigenous people since *we* became a nation (not much honesty and
repentance their), and to the freed slaves after the civil war (which we
still deal with, or fail to do so) , it's all up there on the same platform,
IMO.

Someone had to be and do what Columbus did or we most probably would not be
here now. History is history. We err more when we forget it than when we
cherry pick details and treat them as incidents isolated by time and place.

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr