[Magdalen] Kimchi pickle review.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 13 03:07:14 UTC 2015

>>>We broke into our pickles tonight and they are scrumptious! Cucumber-y but
nicely spicy. I've been trying to figure out all week what you might have
done differently. Perhaps not packed the cucumbers tightly? Or not scraped
all the spicy stuff out of the bowl you tossed them in? They are different
from pickles made with vinegar in not having such a sour taste, maybe
that's what you were expecting.<<<

Good to know.  I still have hope.

But yes, they're not tight, but considering how I did more than the recipe amount on nearly everything, and considering how I definitely did scrape, and considering how much powder sediment there is, and considering how red the juice is, ... I'm sure they'll end up as you describe:  cucumber-y, but nicely spicy.