[Magdalen] VTS Chapel Consecration

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 21:07:05 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> In a message dated 10/14/2015 2:40:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> michaudme at gmail.com writes:
>
> makes it  look as if it was designed by  Mormons.>>>>>>
>
> Mormons seem to eschew brick.  Besides, there's no Angel Moroni at  the
> tip of the steeple!     : )

St Fin Barre Cathedral in Cork City has a golden angel on the apse. I was
told there were originally two of them but one fell. It was related to me
that if the other one fell, the RC's would get the cathedral. I pointed out
the similarity between that angel and Moroni. My host then said "Maybe the
tradition is wrong and someone else gets it."

http://tinyurl.com/nh45lu5

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted