[Magdalen] VTS Chapel Consecration

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 02:44:42 UTC 2015

Nope...there's also a very large one in the DC suburb of Silver Spring, MD, just off the DC Beltway--4 or 5 spires, one of which is topped by a golden statue of Moroni. I remember when it was built, and there was a period of time when the public could tour it before it was consecrated. The Sunday magazine did a photo spread on it, and I was so put off by the extravagance that I refused to go on the tour. I regretted it later.
At Christmas time the grounds have a spectacular display of white lights, and it's quite a draw.