[Magdalen] Rector's final week with us

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 03:16:16 UTC 2015

We do have a regular assistant, Fr James Dunkerley, longtime rector of St
Peter's, Lake View, here in Chicago. He's wonderful. I love to hear his
stories of his seminary days at Kelham Hall, in England, in the Society of
the Sacred Mission. We also have among our parishioners Deacon Gordon
Stanley BSG, who sometimes serves as Deacon of the Mass. In sure there are
others who could be "whispered through" a solemn Mass. Our sister parish
here in Edgewater, Atonement, has a lengthy list of retired clergy
including Bp. Montgomery, and our current Bishop Jeff runs circles around
every one else liturgically. But there are also contingency plans for a
deaconless or subdeaconless Sunday.