[Magdalen] New to Me.

Juli Tarsney juli at tarsney.net
Sat Oct 17 03:36:04 UTC 2015

I think it's an adverb that normally modifies an adjective, as others
have said - eg, deliciously unexpected ...

The problem w/the example you heard is that it doesn't make sense as a
modifier for "ate" - it's not the eating that's delicious, it's the
food. I suppose one could say that the ingredients in a dish combined
deliciously ....