[Magdalen] health care...

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:02:21 UTC 2015

I am remembering a friend who was fiercely loyal to her doctor, an elderly
courtly practitoner who clearly wasn't up to date on his CEs. She developed
diabetes in her late seventies and he told her to go to the drug store to
get some test strips. She dutifully went, and the pharmacist regarded her
with shocked expression.
"we haven't stocked those in twenty years!"

In team practice, everybody's up to date on their CEs ... or else. And they
can count on excellent office support, without the bother of hiring,
training, firing, a huge task for physicians in private practice. (In some
ways medical schools, like seminaries, do not train for the crappy but very
real demands of the job).

For the most part I see nurses. I actually think nurses are better at
quick evaluation than physicians are, and they're alot easier to work with,
too. But there are always physicians roaming around for consult (my dental
practice runs in much the same way).
-M