[Magdalen] health care...

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 21 14:19:51 UTC 2015

From: Ginga Wilder

he put before us, based on our needs.  And, also, when we chose our
medicare Part D, our pharmacist researched our meds and suggested three
plans for us to choose from, making sure of the best coverage of our

This is an excellent idea for those getting into Medicare, especially if one has
a long-time relationship with a local pharmacist rather than the revolving doors
of CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens and the other big chains. And in the end, you'll pay
the same on a Part D plan whether it's a local friendly pharmacy or the chain.

MediGap isn’t so tough, I think -- as there are only 6 plans to choose from and
the benefits/risks are pretty self evident if you have a good chart in front of
you.

The out of pocket costs will vary from state to state or region to region within
a state, so one has to be aware that Aunt Penny in Peoria will have a different
experience that you may have.  I think the biggest choice is based on your
retirement travel plans. You want a plan with good foreign coverage if you plan
to to gallivanting around Europe or elsewhere, but it that's not an your agenda,
the choices become pretty easy, I think.

If you have a long-time relationship with an insurance person who knows you and
your needs, that may be a good solution as well. But I world beware of just
going to any old guy with an "insurance" sign on the storefront..

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie