[Magdalen] Well at least that's over with.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Oct 21 19:16:34 UTC 2015

>>>In the case of Trump, he has worked at alienating women with his
endless diatribe of derogatory statements.  I don't know what to  ascribe
Hilary's unpopularity with men other than a male distrust of a strong
woman.
Anybody have other ideas?<<<

My discussions with others on political issues is limited, nearly, to this list, and my female co-worker, who, though Dem, despises Hillary.  I've heard only two substantive complaints from her:  Hillary isn't qualified to lead the free world (which may be true, I honestly keep an open mind on that one), and Hillary is only where she is today because of her hanging onto the political coat tails of the husband any honest woman would have divorced when Monica took the stage (which may also be true -- I've honestly wondered just exactly how they worked out their marital problems back then).

With such a narrow Dem field, I'm very early able to just sit back and hope for the best, with no real worry.  If I can counsel an 8th grader to accept the fact that for at least a minimum of four years he could deal with a Prez Mitt, I can steel my own nerves to either a Hillary or (gag reflex) a Donald or Ben (though I think Ben is both awful and ultimately stands no chance).  Does that mean I think I can also stand Jeb, Ted, or Marco?  By comparison, ... obviously.