[Magdalen] Category 5 (?)

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Oct 23 14:56:50 UTC 2015

About 35 years ago back in the day when there were numerous
"junkets" partially defrayed by pharmaceutical companies, a group
of us from the frozen North left Minneapolis that winter for  Manzanillo
Bay and a week-long conference at the then spanking new resort,
"Las Hadas."

That area is where this monster category 5 hurricane with winds of
200 mph will make landfall.  I really wonder if there will be anything  left
of the Manzanillo Bay area after the storm departs for central Mexico
and then on to Texas and Oklahoma USA where it will result in  torrential
rain.

It's too early to tell, but it wouldn't surprise me if the remnants made
their way up the USA Appalachians.  Time will tell.

In any case, having seen the flimsy buildings that pass for the  average
dwelling around Manzanillo, I fear for and pray for the natives of  the
region.  Where does one go with winds of 200 mph?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzanillo,_Colima

https://www.expedia.com/Manzanillo-Hotels-Las-Hadas-Manzanillo-Golf-Resort-M
arina.h559226.Hotel-Information

David Strang.