[Magdalen] Wafting Odors.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 18:17:37 UTC 2015

My father, OTOH, could not boil water without a complete set of directions.
When I was 14 and my mother was struck down with the Asian flu, Dad was
helpless as a newborn babe. It fell to me, a 9th grader, to do the shopping
and cooking for our family of 5 for about two weeks until she recovered.
Some evenings that involved a good deal of running up and down stairs to
ask for advice, but I emerged from the ordeal a pretty fair plain cook. Dad
continued his helpless ways even unto his death, although he did eventually
learn to heat a can of soup. He never managed to master the microwave,
though.