[Magdalen] School-to-prison pipeline, the ugly reality behind Spring Valley school arrest

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 23:56:51 UTC 2015

It's outrageous, and an outgrowth of the abominable (and IMNSHO stupid)
"zero tolerance" policies that began in the early 1990s. African-American
students are the most affected, and amazingly, African-Amerian *female*
students are disciplined the most harshly. I heard an NPR discussion on the
subject while driving home today, and that latter fact amazed and appalled
me.