[Magdalen] List sibs departed from this life

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Oct 31 00:06:54 UTC 2015

>>>I don't get the problems. To me it's sloppy reading. But that's me.<<<

Not just you; me too.  I can't believe this sub-thread began with the idea that an ordinary English speaker/reader can't decipher "Cuthbert".  Good God.  Two syllables, two vowels, and *maybe* a question about the "c" (Suthbert?).  Now, "Papaîoannou" would be something else entirely.  :-P=

(Submitted by a man named Logsdon, remember.  Seldom mispronounced, but spelled?  Logston, Longsdon, Longston, Logsden [plus the two "Long" variants already shown], Lofton, Lockstone, Lungeson, Lodgeson, Lupston, Smith [kidding], et al.  And then there's those who can't hear an "o" if you paid them, with Langston, etc.  Besides the latter being a famous poet's first name, I believe one of C S Lewis's first colleagues at Magdalen Oxford was a Langston.)