[Magdalen] Mispronunciation (was Re: List sibs departed from this life)

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 02:00:30 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Roger Stokes
<roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Scott was closer - it rhymes with Madonna.  People know how to pronounce the
> singer's name even if they don't know it as a title of the Blessed Virgin
> Mary, particularly when portrayed with her son.

I remember during your Chicago visit that you asked about the
pronunciation of Wabash, as we waited to cross Wabash Avenue in the
Loop. I simply told you the pronunciation but later thought I should
have said it's like a party in honor of the author of Brideshead
Revisited: a Waugh-bash. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA