[Magdalen] I Feel Really Clearn.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Oct 31 21:06:58 UTC 2015

I've spent much of this past week having a complete bowel "work up."
This was because of some vague lower abdominal pains I've experienced
this past month.

They even kept me in hospital one night (Tuesday into Wednesday) and  I
endured much testing including a Barium CAT scan.

I returned to the hospital yesterday to have the dreaded colonoscopy.
The latter process itself is almost anti climactic after one  completes
the GALLON of bowel cleanser, and then the inevitable results.  It  was
especially awful, and much harder than I recall ten years ago.

The good part is that all the tests were negative, and there  seems no
special
problem in my bowels to account for the discomfort.  The bad part is  that
this week long process beat the tar out of me, and I was a complete
wreck when I was through with the process yesterday about noon.

Chalk the exhaustion to advancing age, I guess.

Notable is the much greater need for endless paperwork and  signatures.
So much for computerization.  There was an 8" stack of papers  by
the time I was through.  Chalk that up to the mania for  documenting
preparation for every possible contingency.

This is the third "workup" during this past two years.  The others  were
a cardiac workup including cardiac catheterization, and a urinary  tract
workup, including urethroscopic exam.

I hope not to repeat any of the three workups ever again!

David Strang.
.