[Magdalen] Three Sisters.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Oct 31 23:52:36 UTC 2015

In a message dated 10/31/2015 6:44:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

Speaking  of "illegals" and such, the ACNA offshoot here is busily
remodeling their  building, which >>>>>>>>>

Back in the day until the advent of TEC '79 Prayer Book, it was  routine
for most parishes in the "Biretta Belt" to have the "American Missal" at
the altar.  I'd venture a guess that every parish in the Diocese of  Fond
du Lac had such an arrangement.

I don't believe that a pew edition of AM for congregants was ever printed,
a rather odd situation.  When I attended an especially ritualistic  parish,
I always took along my copy (purchased in England) of the "People's
Anglican Missal.which may have approximated the "English Missal."

Everyone, certainly including the clergy of the Biretta Belt was  aware
that this arrangement was uncanonical, but there were smiles, and  little
jokes, and there was an air of a thrill getting away with something  some
considered illegal.

David Strang.

David Strang.