[Magdalen] Small-town politics bringing out the worst.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Oct 31 21:45:48 UTC 2015

'Tis the season to be approached by petitioners.  Last week, it was ensuring the California minimum wage increases annually.  Not normally a signer of such things, I did sign that.  Today, I thought it was the same fellow, so I asked what the subject was.  Sale of fireworks; students get to sell them for fundraising.  I ask:  "Are you for or against fireworks?"  "For."  I wanted to scream, "IN A F*****G WILDFIRE DROUGHT?!"  But I didn't.  I just said, "I'm honestly neither here nor there on it" (which was true, strictly subject-wise).  He goes blank, turns, and walks away.  If I didn't have laundry in the machine needing the detergent I'd just bought, I'd have walked up to him and given him a lecture in interpersonal decency.  "When you're responded to, you at the very least acknowledge that said response has happened[, asshole]."  (Note brackets.)