[Magdalen] I Feel Really Clearn.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 31 22:13:13 UTC 2015

On 31/10/2015 21:06, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> I've spent much of this past week having a complete bowel "work up."
> This was because of some vague lower abdominal pains I've experienced
> this past month.
>
> They even kept me in hospital one night (Tuesday into Wednesday) and  I
> endured much testing including a Barium CAT scan.
>
> I returned to the hospital yesterday to have the dreaded colonoscopy.
> The latter process itself is almost anti climactic after one  completes
> the GALLON of bowel cleanser, and then the inevitable results.  It  was
> especially awful, and much harder than I recall ten years ago.

 From what I have read on this list I am glad never to have had that
procedure.  This week I have been to the hospital twice.  One was
because back in June the optometrist at my regular eye-test was not
happu with my visual field results.  Another test at the hospital a
couple of weeks ago and then a very thorough examination of my eyes led
to the conclusion I mught have missed some points because my optic nerve
does not meet my eye sqyarely, somethin that is fairly common among
those with myopia.

Yesterday it was a gastroscopy to investigate some vague problems with
that end of my abominable (sic) tract.  That was decidedly unpleasant
and where the gastroscope turned the corner to go down towards my
stomach still feels sore.  The endoscopist took a few samples but could
see nothing untoward apart from some inflammation for which he is
recommending medication.  I was amazed at the speed of getting that
appointment.  I saw my doctor last Friday morning and late that
afternoon I was offered the appointment for a week later.

Roger