[Magdalen] Disappearing money - please pray

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:50:11 UTC 2015

I sold a house in New Hampshire. Papers were passed on the Friday
morning before a three-day week-end. After lunch I went to the bank
to pick up the check, ready to drive to Boston to deposit it in person.

They kept me waiting on a bench in the halllway for more than two
hours, and finally handed me the check at 3:02 pm.

"Harr," said the pirate girl. "My big city bank is open on Saturday
morning."

It was a small and creepy maneuver and I made sure everybody in
my small town heard about it, and especially about the guy in a
suit &tie who kept returning to his office door and peeking out
at me. Timid little middle manager :-(

This was long before social media, long before the internet, of
course.
-M

Another source of "borrowed money" for banks is the time taken to clear a