[Magdalen] Disappearing money - please pray

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Tue Sep 1 17:19:36 UTC 2015

First, Sally, prayers that this gets straightened out quickly.

In the 40 (gasp! has it been that long?) years I lived in Massachusetts,
I've had one bank account, but 5 different banks. The account was originally
opened at the Harvard Trust, but they merged with other banks to form
BayBank, which then got bought out by Bank of Boston, which then got bought
out by Fleet, which then got bought out by Bank of America.

I have a line of credit with BofA (inherited from a previous iteration - see
above) and, when I pay it off the money immediately disappears from my
checking account, but then doesn't appear into the line of credit until at
least another business day, thus earning them an extra day's worth of
interest.

And, how come banks charge businesses when they use debit or credit cards,
but not for paper checks, which cost much more to process????

And, when I signed up to get my "huge" Comm. of Mass. pension (a pitiful
substitute for Social Security), the company which administers it charges
for direct deposit, but not for paper mailed checks. How much sense does
that make??? I told them I wanted to receive it on the 15th of each month,
which means they process it then and I don't actually receive it until
nearly a week later - so they effectively still have the $$$ for at least a
week after it's processed.

Several of life's imponderables.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA