[Magdalen] Disappearing money - please pray

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 22:08:51 UTC 2015

I've used USAA for all my insurance since 1983 and now for my Medicare supplement, but I've never banked with them. Most places will only honor local checks, and I don't want to have to pay a fee every time I use an ATM machine.
But it's an absolutely wonderful company, IMO. Right now I'm participating in some kind of driving research project that monitors my driving habits with a plug-in device. In exchange, I'm getting a small discount on my car insurance. I can look up the records at any time--I usually don't think about it--but it monitors things like speed, sudden stops or Jack-rabbit stops and the like. So far I have a really excellent record. The only thing I don't like is that it's also a tracking device. I don't even keep the tracking function on my phone turned on... But that's the only way it can check for speeding, I guess.