[Magdalen] Disappearing money - please pray

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 22:31:46 UTC 2015

I have chip cards (maybe Boston's ahead of the rest of the country per
usual) but we sign for amounts over $50.00 IIRC. Very convenient, you just
bang 'em against the cash register.

We used proximity cards at the hospital, too. The hospital ID had a chip
embedded that you could use to unlock doors. Beep! And I have one for the
garage. Beep!

I do so love my Mobil speedpass (a fob that hangs on my car key chain that
lets me charge gas at the pump). How I wish US banks used these instead of
debit or credit cards. Same technology, I think, but so much more
convenient.

I imagine a day when the collection plate will have a chip-reading inset.
Or a chip reader disguised as a mezuzah next to the red doors or something.
-M